Friday, November 3, 2006

I Am Charlotte Simmons

Cover Image  It took me almost 2 years to read this book. It's almost 700 pages long, and has about 400 pages of pointless detail. But I think that's just the way that Tom Wolfe writes, in elbrate detail. It's a story about a small town girl (Charlotte Simmons) who goes to a well-known big college, where she runs into all the wonderfully hard things that Freshman go through during their first year. It's even harder when you are a small town hick girl. If you look past all the wordy words, it's really not that bad of a book. The characters do say the 'F' word alot, which was a turn off for me. Surely college people don't swear that much. Or maybe they do. I'm just really glad that I finally was able to focus on this book and finish it. It's like a great accomplishment right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've heard good and bad things about this book. I'm really in no rush read this...I'll get around to it.
elisa