Saturday, December 6, 2008

Rosie Dunne


This book is written by the author of P.S. I Love You, and since I loved that book, I decided to give her next book a try. It was just as fabulous. Her writing feels real, it has heart in it, it's packed full of feeling. I'm super jealous of her writing talent, even more so because we are the same age.

Rosie Dunne follows 45 years of the lives of Rosie and her best friend Alex. They have been best friends since they were 5, and the book documents all the ups and downs that we all go through. Whats different about this book than others is that it's written completely different from any other book I've read. It's written in the form of the character's letters, emails, cards, and IMs. I thought it would be hard to follow, but it wasn't. It actually made me want to start sending more emails and IMing more. Of course IMing is hard when no one is ever online. Texting just seems to impersonal.

Loved the book, seemed a big long, but it was a great read, so check it out. Didn't really like the ending. Kind of felt like the author was just leaving it up to the reader to decide what happens. Maybe she did it that way so that there could be a sequel. Don't know why there would be since the characters are 50. But life doesn't end at 50, so maybe there could be a whole nether story.

No comments: