Monday, July 31, 2006

The Girls' Guide To Hunting And Fishing

The Girls' Guide to Hunting and FishingI have passed this book in the bookstore so many times because of the weird title. Who wants to read a book about hunting and fishing? But that's not what it's about at all. It's based on a story of the life of a girl-Jane- and all the loves and losts that she goes through. I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it, but there was something about it that made me want to keep it. I loved the writing, how all the characters have sharp remarks and talk like I'd like to write. But I hated how Jane kept hooking up with an older man. Ew. When the guy is old enough to be your dad, it's just creepy. The title doesn't even really make sense until the last chapter, so if you are curious, like I was, then check it out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really liked this book. I def recommend it to my friends, dating, relationships and sex are soooooo complicated. i think this book really digs into that.
elisa