Friday, April 6, 2007

The Nanny Diaries

The Nanny Diaries: A NovelI've read this book before, and when I heard that it was going to be a movie that is coming out this month, I decided to read it again, to see if it was worth being a movie. I think that I actually enjoyed it more the second time, because it's been a few years since I last read it, and I understand more just how people can be and just what they need to do in order to make money. The story follows Nanny, who is a nanny to a little boy who's parents have way to much money and are never there. Are the wealthy really like this? Do they really just give their kid to someone else to raise and do nothing all day while the nanny is putting her life on hold so that she can make sure that the kid gets the love and attention they need? The parents in this book made me mad, because they just treat the people who work for them like crap, and Nanny made me mad to because she put up with their crap. Aside from that, it was still a good read and I'll probably go see the movie when it comes out.

No comments: