Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Sleeping With Beauty

Cover ImageAfter reading Wicked, I was in a fairy tale mood and picked up what I thought would be a chick lit version of Sleeping Beauty, which is my favorite Disney movie. I was wrong. This book seemed more like Cinderella meets the Ugly Duckling. Its a story about a plain Jane who is going to her 10 year high school reunion and doesn't want to go back look like herself, so she goes to Beauty Bootcamp, where the 3 fairy godmothers turn her into a swan. Her long-time guy friend, who (surprise) has a crush on her doesn't like the new her, because now that means she's actually getting dates. It was about 100 pages to long and very predictable. It made me realize that I need to stop reading chick lit books, they are going to turn my head into mush. The only part that I did like was when she got her 'Sleeping Beauty kiss' and woke up and realized that her guy friend was her Prince Charming all along. It makes me want a 'Sleeping Beauty kiss'. Where's my Prince Charming?

No comments: