Thursday, February 7, 2008

Sex And The City

Cover Image The author of this book has a new show coming out based on her book Lipstick Jungle and I kept seeing ads for it and wanted to read it, but my sister had this book on her shelft so I read it instead. We've all seen the show, and if you haven't then you must live in a cave. The show is addicting, and so was reading this book. It's a quick read and I just wanted to read it non-stop, but being sick only aloud for a few chapters a night. There are things from this book that you recongize from the show, but I felt like the characters were different, even though they were supposed to be based on them. I kinda felt like none of the characters really had a personality, so you can't really relate to anyone. It also made me really wonder about the world of dating. Why do people date? Do people even really like the person they are dating? If you have no desire to get married should you date? Because don't most people date in order to find someone they love and can spend the rest of their life with? We all want to have someone in our life, but maybe we don't need them. Ponder that for a moment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read SATC when it very first came out though I must admit I preferred the TV series, lol I'm watching the last season now as I write.

Ihave not seen the new offering from this author I will look out for perhaps it hasn't come out in the UK yet.

Have you read "The Manny" by Holly Peterson?

Cayasm