Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Gorgeously Green

Cover Image All 'Green' books I read pretty much tell me the same thing, as did this one. But this one was a bit different than the others. It was a lot more detailed and gave lots of web sites to visit to learn more about how to keep yourself, your home, and the planet green. What I liked was how it mentioned beauty products. I have super sensitive skin, and after I read the beauty chapter and reading the list of toxins that are in the products we use, it's no wonder my skin looks like crap. There's a great web site www.safecosmetics.org where you can type in your products and it will tell you how harmful or not they are. That's a real eye opener. The book did get kind of boring towards the end, because I really felt like I was reading the same info over and over that I had read in other 'green' books. But it was still very helpful, and if I thought that anyone would actually read it, I'd give it as a gift. So get out there and be green.

No comments: