Friday, July 11, 2008

Twenty Wishes

Cover Image After reading the first chapter, I wasn't sure if I would like this book or not, but I kept reading and it turned out to be really cute and good. Kind of cheesy and predictable, but most of her books are. It's about four women who are widows and they decided to make a 20 Wishes list, kind of like the girl's version of The Bucket List. They write down all the things they want to do that they haven't done before, like go to Paris, or buy a fancy new car, or dance around barefoot in the rain. What really made the book readable was the cute girl Ellen, who ends up changing the life of one of the characters. She makes kids seem not so bad. It was a quick fast read, and introduced new characters. It's the 4th book in the Blossom Street series, and I was glad that the author made a new main character, because I was getting tired of always reading about Lydia who owns the yarn store, which is why I still have yet to read the 3rd book. This is a good book to help you remember why we have wishes in life.

No comments: