Friday, October 3, 2008

Kissing Christmas Goodbye

Kissing Christmas Goodbye by M. C. Beaton: Book Cover As I'm sure we all know by now, I love Christmas books, and was excited when I found this one at the library. But it's not about Christmas at all. The book mostly takes place in October. How very disappointing. It's part of a mystery series that I had never heard of, and I probably won't read again. The main character, Agatha, is just a cranky old bat, who is snippy to everyone then wonders why she's sitting at home alone on Christmas and New Years. Doesn't take a detective to figure that one out. It's a quick read, but had to many characters and I got confused who everyone was. There's weren't very many clues for the reader to go on with trying to figure out who the killer was. It was kind of like the author forgot that she needed to have one and just pulled a character's name out of a hat. In other words, I'm not going to keep reading this series.

No comments: