Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Time Traveler's Wife


This book was made into a movie starring one of my favorite actresses, Rachel McAdams, so that kind of made me want to read the book. I was expecting it to be really sad since all the females I know who have read it, cried while reading it and cried when they saw the preview for the movie. I didn't cry.

It follows the story of Henry who can time travel. He doesn't know why, and he doesn't like it, but it happens. The book bounces around during his travels and his present time, and most travels include Claire. I thought that it was cute that she met him when she was little and never stopped loving him. I don't think a lot of women could be so in love with a guy who will be there one min, and gone the next. I kind of felt that she deserved better than him, since she was true to him her whole life and he has a wild past. But no one's past is perfect, so maybe they were meant to be together.

There were some boring parts, and probably could've been shortened a little, but all in all, it was good. The ending is a little said, especially since I was listening to the song "What Sarah Said" by Death Cab For Cutie at the time, and that's a sad song. But I didn't cry. Now, I can't promise that I won't do that at the movie, which I am looking forward to seeing, so I can how they did things.

No comments: