Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Perfect Christmas


I enjoy Christmas books, and I enjoy books by Debbie Macomber, so I really wanted to read this book. It was a pretty predictable book, but a good one to read for the holiday season. Cassie is tired of being single and goes to a matchmaker to find love. The matchmaker (Simon) is really annoying. If there was a reason to not read this book, it would be him. He's such a Scrooge. He gives Cassie three tasks before he will let her meet the man he's going to set her up with. One of the tasks was for her to make a Christmas dinner for her neighbors. All that talk about turkey and stuffing and such made me very hungry. So make sure you have some turkey on hand when you read this. It was a pretty good book, just way to predictable.

2 comments:

Rachael said...

I usually avoid Christmas books-I always assume they will be too syrup-y.

Lindsay said...

Rachael, Christmas books are syrup-y. Except for maybe Skipping Christmas by John Grisham.