Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Permission Slips


I don't know anything about Sherri Shepherd except that she's on The View and has been on some TV shows. I was reading a magazine and they had parts from this book when she's talking about diabetes, and it was interesting that it made me want to read the book. It's memoir, but doesn't feel like one. I've read a few books based on people's lives and they are just boring. This one is a quick read and since she's a comedian it's humorous. She talks about God, Family, living with Diabetes, and all the ups and downs that come with it. I think the chapter where she talks about having diabetes, or as her family calls it "the sugar" was the most interesting because I do not take care of myself and if I don't have them now, will probably get them if I'm not careful. I've got a soda sitting right here, so that should be the first clue that I need to get healthy. While most of the stupid things she's done in her life is humorous, there are some times when you are just kind of like "no one is that dumb". Sometimes she's not the brightest star in the sky, but who is? Check it out, I liked it.

No comments: