Sunday, May 6, 2007

Save Karyn

Save Karyn: One Shopaholic's Journey to Debt and BackThis is the second time I've read this book, and I swear, as the years go by and I get a little more smarter, when I reread books, I understand them a bit better. And the fact that I can relate to the endless shopping and worrying where the rent money is going to come from, it just made the story seem more realistic. It's a true story of a girl who got into a great deal of debt and thought up the idea to start up a website asking people to help her pay it off. And it worked. Of course there were mean people, like there is in the world, but mostly a lot of nice people donated money to help her. Isn't that nice. It's a good book to read for anyone who loves shopping and needs a little wake up call when it comes to your money. And check out her website http://www.savekaryn.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lins.
I thought you read the book- it does sound like a great read and one that I should def read, being I love to shop so much and should really be saving more money.
Eli