Wednesday, July 4, 2007

The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes

Cover Image I've been reading a lot of mysteries lately, and thought that I should include the most famous detective into my reading list. I love the whole idea of Sherlock Holmes, he just seems like a good guy who is sharp and witty and wants to help people. I love his name. There's 12 short stories in this book, and really, only about half of them were interesting. With 30pages a story, you can't get greatly in depth with the mystery, so it kind of isn't in as detail as a whole novel would be, but then again, Sherlock usually figures out who 'done it' as soon as the person in need tells their story. Is he really that cleaver? I'd like to think so. It's not a bad read, but just don't expect all the mysteries to be super exciting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think read this book for some literature class, I took in college.
I don't remember being to impressed by it, but I'm always willing to try it again.
How many books have you read so far?

Anonymous said...

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's adventure is that he is the first one who make a series of misteries a worldwide one ,Edgar Allan Poe is ealier but he did not make it .But I do think Ellery Queen is the best!His cases are more pratical ,exciting and tachnical.Agatha Christie is somehow ....well,I think she was writting a novel more than a mistery.