- "Eat what you want to eat. Just regognize what you are eating and if you know its an "expensive" investment, enjoy every bite. Or recognize and balance it later. Then you won't blow your budget and you can stay balanced. If you hate to exercise, you can eat a little less. If you love to exercise, you can eat a little more."
- Never have the same kind of food for two meals in a row. (Example: If I eat pasta for lunch, don't eat it again for dinner, like I usually do.)
- If you eat a big lunch, have a small dinner.
Rule 2: You Can Have It All, Just Not All At Once:
- You are the only one responsiable for what you put into your mouth.
- Example: Instead of pizza and ice cream, it's pizza OR ice cream. Not both.
Rule 3: Tast Everything, Eat Nothing:
- Eat little bits of really great food.
- Eat a little bit of what you want, but don't feel like you have to finish it.
- You want to eat not until you feel full, but just until you feel satisfied. (Don't keep eating if you feel full just because there's still food on the plate.)
- When you feel like you are going to over eat on something, eat something else. If you are still craving the first item, go ahead and eat it.
Rule 4: Pay Attention:
- Tune into your preparation, no matter how simple.
- Tast your food. If you eat food and you pay attention, you'll feel as though you didn't eat.
- Chew your food slowly and well.
- Quit muiltasking.
- Take a seat. Never eat while standing up. Always sit down.
- Slow down.
- Pause between bites.
- Make food special.
Rule #5: Downsize Now!:
- Eat what you want, just eat a small portion of it.
Rule #6: Cancel Your Membership In The Clean Plate Club:
- You don't have to clean your plate, its a bit cause of over eating. Box whatever is left over and eat it later.
Rule #7: Check Yourself Before You Wreck Yourself:
- Mostly this chapter talked about binge eating.
- Listen to your body.
Rule #8: Know Thyself:
- Know what your body likes and what it doesn't. Know when to much is to much.
Rule #9: Get Real:
- Real Food= Good. Processed Food= Bad.
- Eat organic when you can.
- Go local~> Foods are fresher.
Rule #10: Good For You:
- Let yourself be thin.
- Take care of yourself first, and the other things will fall into place.
- Love yourself.
In the second part of the book, the author walks us through a week of what she eats and why she ate it and weather it was a good choice or not. There are also recipes throughout the book, so if you like to cook, they might come in handy.
Through out the book, she mentions a ton of times how this isn't a diet book, and that she's not telling you what to eat or how much to eat. But how to pick good choices.