Sunday, December 6, 2009

Skipping Christmas


I love this book. It's short and simple and teaches us the real meaning of Christmas. That its not about spending money on gifts and other things.

The story is about Luther who wants to skip Christmas because his daughter is going out of the country so he figures that he and his wife can save money, skip the holiday and go on a cruise instead. No one really understands why he wants to skip it. Frankly, I don't blame him. Spending all that money on gifts, cards, decorations, parties, etc it just seems a bit much. I do disagree a little when he didn't want any decorations up, I mean, a few lights would've been OK. That's really all I've got going on.

Check it out. Or you watch the crappy attempt of a movie version called Christmas With The Kranks starring Tim Allen and Jamie Lee Curtis. Personally, I think the book is better.

No comments: