Saturday, May 29, 2010

Dead Days of Summer


I bought this book because I liked the cover. I judge books by their cover. If I don't like the cover, I won't get it. Anyway, I liked the fireworks, because they made me think of the 4th of July, which makes me think of summer, which is almost here. Plus the storyline sounded interesting.

This is part of a series (book #17 in fact), and its about married couple Annie and Max. Annie owns a mystery bookstore and Max is a P.I. In this book, Max takes on a case for Vanessa, who later ends up dead, and Max is the suspect. The fact that he had gotten drugged the night the murder takes place doesn't help him remember anything. So Annie and her friends set out to find out what really happened. The chapters are long, but it's a quick read. The beginning and the end were good, the middle a little dry, but good enough that I picked up 3 other books in the series.

No comments: