Saturday, May 22, 2010

The Next Big Thing


Maybe it's because I'm a little (or a lot) overweight, but books where the main character is chubby and loses weight always interest me. While I know it's just a fictional character, I guess I feel like, if they can do it, so can I.

This book is about Kat who weighs over 200 pounds, and like most chubby girls, is unhappy about her weight. One day her friend Donna shows her a listing in the paper that there is going to be a reality show made to help fat girls get thin. It's a mix between Big Brother and The Biggest Loser. So Kat tries out and gets a part on the show. Living with 5 other girls causes drama, overeating, and when surprise guests show up, heartbreak.

I was really into this book up about the show brings on special guests, including Nick from London who Kat has been having an Internet fling with. Of course he thinks that she's a size 4, and is not to happy to find out that she lied. He's an ass. Hated him from the moment the author introduced him.

It was a hard book to put down. But a lot of things in it made me mad. Like, Kat loses weight and yet she is never happy with her weight. Going from 227 to 197 should make someone happy. And loses more on top of that, I got really tired of her bitching. Hell, I'd be happy if I could lose even just 10 pounds. And the secret for them to lose weight is exercise and eating right. Wow. Didn't see that coming. Geez.

I very much want to get my act together and get fit so that I won't ever be considered a fat girl.

No comments: