Friday, November 5, 2010

Gingerbread Cookie Murder


A few years ago I read another collection of holiday mystery stories that these three authors put together, so I was interested in reading this new one.

Gingerbread Cookie Murder by Joanne Fluke: This was the best one, I thought. Hannah's neighbor keeps blasting Christmas music, so bad that the cops come and she finds the neighbor dead. So she plays detective to find out who killed him. The reason for the killing was actually a pretty decent reason. The thing that annoys me with the Hannah books, is that she has two boyfriends. Just pick one already.

The Dangers of Gingerbread Cookies by Laura Levine: I like the characters in this story the best. Jaine's parents are so funny. She goes and visits them in FL and during the Christmas play the local playboy gets killed. Was it one of his 3 girlfriends or someone else. I love how the author voices what the cat is thinking. Because it's probably true.

Gingerbread Cookies and Gunshots by Leslie Meier: I didn't like this one. I'm kind of iffy about the Lucy Stone books. Every so often there will be a good one, but most are just a little to dark for me. In this one, a little boy is kidnapped and Lucy tries to find out who did it. It was actually pretty easy to figure out. And probably very realistic.

No comments: