Friday, December 17, 2010

Hold Still


My mom read this book and liked it. My sister read it and didn't. So I wasn't sure what I would think.

It's about a teenage girl Caitlin who's best friend Ingrid kills herself. This book follows Caitlin's year after her friend's death. I felt like during her journey of adjusting to her BFF know longer being around helped her figure out who she really is and grow up a bit. She finds Ingrid's journal and learns the things that she never really knew about her friend. Aren't most people more open in their journals than they are in real life?

Throughout the school year, she makes new friends, gets her first boyfriend, and deals with her photography teacher who ends up dealing with the loss of Ingrid as well.

I liked this book because so far it's been the one of the few teenage books where all the characters aren't out there having sex, drinking, smoking, drugs, etc. So that was nice. Also, I think the message was to live life and always be there for your friends and family, because you never know when one simple talk might change their mind about doing something drastic.

No comments: