Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo


Everyone kept telling me that once you get past the first 100 pages that this book gets really good. Honestly, I think I read the first 100 pages faster than any other part of the book. It's not that it wasn't interested, there was just to much info and to many different stories going on.

I was interested in reading this book because I've heard so much hype and controversy about it. Yes, there are some disturbing scenes where women are sexually abused and murdered, but you have to remind yourself that this is a thriller/mystery and if you've read any other type books (James Patterson for example), the killer doesn't always keep things all jolly and friendly. I think what was most disturbing was that these type of murders probably really happen.

The main plot of this story is Mikael is asked to look into the disappearance of a girl named Harriet and while he and the girl with the dragon tattoo (Lesbeth Salander). Had the author just stuck to this plot line, I would've liked the book better, but he threw in a bunch of other boring stuff that really had nothing to do with this plot line.

All in all, the book wasn't horrible, there were some interesting parts, but I really have no desire to read the rest of the series.

No comments: