Monday, January 17, 2011

Indecision


This book just flew over my head. It's one of those books where the author uses more words than necessary to express what the character is thinking and saying. I consider it an 'intelligent' book, meaning it's complex. Now I understand why I usually stick to mystery novels, because the characters are usually pretty flaky and easy to follow. Not sure what that says about myself thought. Hmmm...

Anyway, this is supposed to be a story about Dwight who apparently has trouble making decisions so he starts taking a drug that is supposed to fix him of this problem. Honestly, I really didn't feel like he had much trouble deciding what to do about things. Except for maybe whether he should go to Vermont or stay in NYC. But it kind of seemed like him running off to the jungles to meet an ex school mate and then falling in love with her friend didn't take much thought.

While I'm sure there is a great story in this novel, I just didn't feel it. Whether you decide to read this or not, is really up to you. Ha Ha

No comments: