Thursday, March 6, 2008

Lost And Found

Cover Image First off, my mother have horrible taste in books. Second, I kept reading this hopeing that it would get better. It got a little more exciting that last two chapters, but other than that, it wasn't that great. The story follows a woman who's husband dies and she runs away from everything to a tiny island off the coast of Maine. There she tries to build a new persona about herself and meets a hurt dog who she falls in love with and makes her want to live again, but the dog has a past and now his past comes back and causes stress for Rocky. Add in a few weird characters, and there's your book. My probably with this book is that it was to simple. The author was good about giving details about some things, but now about how the characters were feeling. Rocky's husband dies, but you just didn't really get the deep feeling of what she was feeling, as you did with Holly in P.S. I Love You. With that character, you cry with her because you feel her pain, but with Rocky, it felt like nothing was there. Plus, who the heck names their kid Rocky? I think I was looking for more of an insight to this book, and didn't find it. But the cover is just so cute. I wanna puppy. :o)

No comments: