Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Can't Wait To Get To Heaven

Cover Image I love Fannie Flagg books. They take you to a place that no other book can. Most of her books have the same characters, living in a small town called Elmwood Springs. I love the stories that small towns can create. There always seem to be wacky characters who make you laugh. This book stayed true to her story telling. Old Elner falls out of her fig tree and is rushed to the hospital where the doctors call her dead. While dead you get to follow her journey to heaven, what the author feels heaven is like, and just after everyone is told that Elner is dead, she comes back to life. I wasn't expecting that twist. I like Elner because I find old people interesting, she just seems to carefree and loves life and everything it brings. It's refreshing, because most people are so negative, so it was nice to follow the story of a happy go lucky woman. Its not my favorite Fannie Flagg book, but it was still a good read.

No comments: