Thursday, April 24, 2008

Love Walked In

Cover Image It's not very often that I pick up a book and just know that I'm going to love it. I love the title and that's what drew me to this novel.  I'm bitter towards love right now, and oddly enough didn't realize that until I started reading this. When love walks into Cornelia's coffee shop one Fall day, I was happy for her, but as the book went along, I really didn't want things to work out between her and Martin. I didn't know why, maybe because if I'm sinking in the love ship, all characters that I read about must too. I won't spoil it for you by telling you what happens between the two of them. The other main character is Martin's 11 year old daughter Claire, whom I loved. I actually enjoyed reading about her more than I did about the adult. Poor Claire is stuck with a mother who goes crazy and runs away and a father who doesn't love her. Yet she keeps on going, mostly to convince others that her life is fine. She makes a list of things that she needs to do everyday to make sure that others don't know what's really going on, such as make sure that she's clean, well feed, has her homework done, etc. I kind of feel like I need to make a list as well, mostly to convince myself that my life is fine even though I have little breakdowns just about everyday. Get out of bed, get dressed (I'm still in my PJs at 5:30pm), make bed, leave the house every day even if it's just going to get the mail. I could kind of relate to Claire, I think that she was well written. So while you are waiting for love to walk in, read this book.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm actually looking forward to reading this book.

Hopefully love will walk in on us.


Elisa