Sunday, May 4, 2008

A Body To Die For

A Body to Die ForThe reading kick that I was on back in March and April died after the last book I read. I had to force myself to get through this one. I really liked the first book by this author 'If Looks Could Kill', but was disappointed with this one. I realized that I don't like mystery novels that take place other than where the main character is used to. Bailey lives in NYC and that's where this first book took place, but this one was at a spa elsewhere so there was always random people popping up that aren't going to have any importance in any other books, so you can't really get the feel for the characters. I don't know if anything I just wrote made any sense. Bailey goes to a spa that her friend owns for a little weekend getaway and of course stumbles upon a dead body, because who hasn't had that problem. So she makes it her business to find out what happened, all because she is friends with the owner. So she does. Turns out that the good guy ends up being the bad guy. How reassuring. Now we can't even trust the good guys. Skip this one and go to the next book 'Til Death Do Us Part' which I'm half done with. Handy little note, don't read to mysteries about the same character at one time, I got easily confused about which mystery it was that Bailey was trying to solve.

No comments: