Thursday, June 3, 2010

Put On Your Crown


I like Queen Latifah. She seems like a good, nice, person who would be easy to talk to and get along with. I first saw her book at Target and didn't really give it to much thought, then something reminded me of it, so I checked it out from the library.

Its kind of a mix of self help meets biography. She tells the reader things that have happened to her in life and how she's overcome them or learned from them. What her biggest message was I think is to be true to yourself, love yourself, love the life you live.

I guess I always imagined her as a goody-goody type of person, but it turns out that she smokes (and tries to stop) and often drinks to much and experimented with drugs and sex when she was a teen. But she's really close to her family and friends and sounds like a great person to know.

To me, nothing in this book was super life changing, but it was still an interesting read, so if you are a fan of hers, check it out.

I liked when she said to keep your head up otherwise your crown will fall off. Very true.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

I like her too, and it's funny to me that you thought she was a goody-goody, cause I always thought so too! Aside from her rap stint when she was younger-I just always figured she outgrew that kind of stuff.