Monday, March 28, 2011

I Am Number Four


I wanted to read this book because it was made into a movie and one of my friends was really excited to go see the movies, so of course (like always) I wanted to read the book to see just why people had turned it into a movie. I don't really know what to say about the book. It wasn't bad, definitely interesting and quick enough that I wanted to keep reading it. But not great enough that I would read it again. It's an alien book. 9 kids and their watcher escape from another planet and come to Earth. I think I missed the reason why the came to Earth, but now the bad guys are out to hunt the good people. In order of their numbers. How OCD is that? So the first 3 get killed off and now they are on the hunt for our main character John. He and his person Henri have moved to Ohio and John falls in love and gets a best friend and doesn't want to ever have to leave. But of course the bad guys show up and theres and ugly fight and someone dies. The ending was sad. But of course left off so a second book could be made. It made me want to watch the movie.

No comments: