Monday, March 21, 2011

Reshaping It All


I'm not a religious person, but I started following the author on Twitter because I was a Full House fan, and in her Tweets she always sounds so happy and loving life and people who have read her book would comment on how helpful and wonderful it is and changed their lives. And since I feel like my life has gone off track and I don't know which way I'm going or who to trust, I thought I'd check her book out.
It's a religious/self-help/weight loss/biography book. The concept for the book was great. She let the reader in on her life growing up in front of the camera, how she met her hubby, her kids, pets, and included her struggles with her weight and how she managed to lose 25 lbs and keep it off while throwing out some religious verses. All in all, I kind of felt like it was a little choppy and unorganized. Like one paragraph she is talking about self disciplant and then in the next she is talking about clean out the clutter in your house. Which I guess they can go hand in hand, but there needed to be some better transitioning. Or trying to compaire her dog to God. I didn't quite get that.
I don't think this book is going to be life changing for me, it will make me think about the foods I eat, since basically she lost weight by eating healthy foods and exercise. Apparently this works. And eat things in moderation. So simple yet so hard.
She does include some recipes at the end of each chapter and they actually look pretty yummy and easy to follow. She also includes a letter written to her from a fan in each chapter, which was pretty much the same question- I loved you on Full House and now watch you on Make It Or Break It, you look great, what's your secret? Answer: Eating healthy, exercise, and God.
Hey, if it works, who am I to judge?

No comments: