Friday, June 6, 2008

Coming Out

Cover Image I've read a few books by Danielle Steel before, and never really liked them. When I was at the library yesterday stocking up on to many books, I decided to give her another try. So I picked out the shortest most interesting looking one there. As I was reading it, I remembered why I don't like her books. First, the chapters are so long. Ten pages is long enough for a chapter, her's are like thirty. Second, that there isn't a whole lot of excitement in her books. Or at least not in the one's I've read. It was a decent novel, about a mother dealing with her two twin girls who are 'coming out' meaning a debtante cotillion which apparently the rich people have. I don't really get the point of it, but there was an episode of The OC where they had one. So it was an okay book, glad I checked it out instead of bought it.

No comments: