Monday, June 30, 2008

A Good Yarn

Cover Image I love these books. They are so sweet and innocent and even though you know that whatever troubles the characters go through during the book, things always work out in the, its still a good read.

This is the second book in the Blossom Street series. It continues to tell the tale of Lydia who opened up a yarn shop in Seattle. She has knitting classes, and meets 3 new people who are so different, but help each other out and become good friends.

Call me bitter, and I know I am, but some of the things these people do for almost complete strangers seems pretty far fetched. Would you really give $500 to a teen in your wife's knitting class just so she can buy a dress for Homecoming? Not likely, but wouldn't that be nice?

The main character, Lydia is started to annoy me. In the last book she dumped her boyfriend because she thought that she had cancer again, and when she found out she didn't, she begged him to take her back. In this book, she suspects that he's getting back together with his ex wife, so she breaks it off without even listening to his side of the story, and of course when she found out it wasn't true, she begged him to take her back. Geez woman, insecure much?

But they are still good books and I'm eager to read the third one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds interesting. I'm sure I'll get around to reading this series...just like everything else.

Elisa