Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Sea of Monsters


This was the second book in the series, and like the first one, there is non-stop action. Percy and his friends are always being attacked by monsters. I wasn't aware that there were that many monsters out there.

In this book, Percy and his pals are on the quest to find the Golden Fleece, which they need to get in order to save the camp they stay at for their kind. Of course they go through many challenges while on their quest. It's called The Sea of Monsters for a reason.

What I like about these books is that it teaches people about gods and monsters and all that jazz. I take notes to look up some of the things that are written about in the book. Like, what exactly does a Hippocampus look like? Or is that just something he made up.

While reading it, I decided that it's like the Harry Potter books sort of, but instead of witches and wizards, there's Gods and Goddess's. So if you are a Harry Potter fan or a fan of the movie Clash of The Titans, you might like this series.

But in my own personal opinion, I still think Harry Potter is better. The books are just to long.

No comments: