Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Tail of Emily Windsnap


I was in a reading funk and was browsing around Barnes & Noble and someone had misplaced this book. The cover caught my eye, because its purple and green and pretty. And even after I found out it was a kids book, it seemed interesting and different enough that I wanted to read it.

12 year old Emily is really excited to be taking swimming lessons, because her mother never let her before, but as soon as she hits the water, her legs start to feel funny and before she knows it, she has a mermaid tail. That's not something that normally happens. So she get curious to find out why she is a mermaid. With the help of a fellow mermaid that she befriends, they find out the story of Emily's parents. Her mom a human, her dad a mermaid, who got thrown into mermaid jail for falling in love with a human. Of course, being a kids book, there is a happy ending.

I don't know if I really recommend this for adults, but if you have a child around the age of 12, they might like it. Who doesn't wonder what it would be like to be a mermaid?

No comments: