Saturday, May 28, 2011

Bossypants



I'm giving this book 3 stars because it is funny. You'll chuckle throughout pretty much the whole thing. But the thing that bothered me about it, is that usually when someone writes a book about their life, they usually are a little bit more serious and share more info. Up until she starts talking about 30 Rock and SNL, I was having a hard time figuring out if the stories she was telling were real or if she was just trying to get a laugh. I'm still boggled by the period story. Did she really not realize that she got her first period because it wasn't blue liquid like in commericals or was she just trying to make the experience funny? She cusses a lot in this book, so if that is something you aren't comfortable with, I'm just warning you. All in all, I think I really was hoping for something more like the other celebs usually write about, a little more about her childhood, likes/dislikes, schooling and other careers before she got hired at SNL. And captions for the photos. There are a few photos, but without captions how the heck are we supposed to know exactly what we are looking at. The book did make me want to watch her movies (watched Mean Girls and Baby Mama tonight), so if anything, the DVD sales for her movies and 30 Rock will probably go up, so she's got that going for her.

No comments: